It could be co-creating with other people in a team or with partners, suppliers or with customers or clients.
The idea of co-creating as many advantages:
- it encourages a bringing together of diverse perspectives
- creativity of the individual and the group is often enhanced
- people feel more engaged and energizied when they are co-creating solutions to their problems
- problem solving can be improved as some people might be better at generating ideas, others at implementing them
- group members can share knowledge and learning
- co-creating can build relationships and trust
- and help a group be more open to change
Note that these benefits were developed with ChatGPT (i.e. a product of co-creation).
So the idea of co-creating is a good one.
Let’s return however to the definition of co-creating.
What if, we extended this definition not just to people but to Generative AI tools such as ChatGPT or Bard for example?
Can you co-create with a machine?
In a sense we have been doing this already when you use Spotify for example.
In this case humans and AI interact to develop potentially new music streams.
But can humans co-create with AI to solve a problem for example?
Is it a skill that anyone can use and learn?
My experience is a definite yes.
But to fully unlock and amplify the potential of co-creating with AI you need a new mindset, tool kit and process.
I call this Switch Thinking.
As the name implies Switch Thinking is concerned with shifting from a usual way of thinking to a different way.
The concept I have found can be extended to mean a switching between human and AI.
Just imagine the potential of this.
Human Imagination (HI) co-creating with AI (Artificial Intelligence).
Now what are the advantages of co-creating HI with AI?
- Complementary strengths (i.e. humans have creativity, intuition and EQ while AI adds data processing and rapid analysis)
- Rapid response
- Reduction in risk
- More innovative solutions
- Increased agility
- Continuous learning
- Improved human confidence in their own creativity
- A reduction in over-thinking or procrastination (i.e. you just start)
- Faster and more productive brainstorming
To make all this happen all you need is a switch of thinking.
The biggest switch is the idea that you can co-create with AI.
I have found that when I think of AI as my creative equal, a partner if you will then true magic happens.
To put it bluntly – I have fun with ChatGPT for example.
It can play with as many different prompts I can think of.
We can explore new possibilities – together.
And I do not feel judged.
What’s more my co-creating partner is always available, responds immediately and is always positive and upbeat!
This means that for humans the current time delay between a problem and a solution can be decreased dramatically.
Why wait for the next brainstorming session for example when you can use ChatgPT?
In a real sense (for me) I enjoy co-creating with AI.
In future posts I will outline some practical examples of how anyone can use AI to develop bigger, better and faster ideas and solutions.