For the past 12 months I have been running a number of Switch Thinking Courses either through the Australian Institute of Management (face to face) or direct with organisations (often via online).
The courses have been designed by me based on my original Switch Thinking concept.
After each course I go through my notes and reflect on what is working and what needs to be improved or discarded in an effort to make this course an even better experience for participants.
In a recent face to face course I received the following scores:
- The facilitator was effective in helping me learn skills and knowledge – 88% Agree
- The facilitator displayed an extensive understanding of the course content – 100% Agree
- Overall score: 94%
Student overall satisfaction with this course? 4.5 out of 5
Some of the individual comments were:
- Ken was very knowledgeable and experienced.
- It was a great courses, I learned a number of new skills that I can apply at work and outside of work.
- The facilitator put this course together and delivered it well. He had lots of examples, lots of notes, engaged everyone, shared his experience.
- Ken made the course interactive, interesting and fun.
In a recent online course with a large mining company some of the feedback included:
‘That was a very enlightening session, thank you for your time and patience, the material shared was good and I got a lot of benefit out of hearing everyone’s perspectives and experiences.’ Team Leader
‘I’ll be using this tool to get my team thinking about how we plan the next few years and I’m looking forward to using it!’ Engineer
‘Looking forward to seeing the Switch Thinking Cards – I’m planning to use it at our next whiteboard session – excited!’ Geologist
‘I thoroughly enjoyed the training – Switch Thinking virtually.’ Reliability Manager
‘Great course.’ Finance Manager
‘Thanks for your time today I really found this so valuable! I’m very keen to use this with my team and would love to use your slides and your Switch Thinking Cards would be fantastic.’ Health & Safety Leader
When I asked participants why they chose Switch Thinking they often would say:
- It sounds new and different
- It seems like it will be a lot of fun
- My thinking has become a bit rigid
- Everything is changing so I need to be able to change my thinking as well
At the end of each course I also ask participants what is the main benefit of Switch Thinking and some of their replies include:
- It helped me broaden my perspective
- Switch Thinking will increase my bucket of new ideas
- It can help my team solve problems in different ways
- I can new look at a situation in different ways
- Switch Thinking is a gentle way of challenging the team (I love this)
- It has helped me move out of my comfort zone
- I now look at problems differently
- It gives me a structure to be more creative
- Switch Thinking will help me unlock new thinking in my team.
I would love to help you achieve your goals:
There are times when a leader needs to switch the thinking of their team, it could be to solve a problem or take advantage of a new opportunity.
To switch the thinking of a team often leads to a switch in how they feel and what they do so it has a multiplier effect.
It could be that the team is stuck and needs a quick, energising way to get unstuck.
In any case I can help facilitate a Switch Thinking session, customise a course or bring a new set of tools to help you boost the agility and creativity of your team – quickly!
You can check out a number of my videos on my Switch Thinking You Tube channel.